How Mobile Apps Give Small Business Owners a Leg Up
Some of the most popular mobile apps are those that help people run their lives more efficiently. For entrepreneurs, who often manage their businesses far away from a traditional office, there are an endless number of mobile apps now available to help them stay ahead of the competition, by either mobile phone or tablet. The mere fact that the entrepreneur doesn’t need to be sitting at a desk to manage his or her business can help save time and ultimately boost profits.
Check out these mobile apps for small businesses and entrepreneurs, arranged into categories.
Finance and Accounting
- Keep your financial books in order with QuickBooks.
- Accept payments with your smartphone and a plug-in card reader with Square.
- View financial accounts, budgets and transaction history with Mint.
- Store payment and loyalty cards and make payments using your smartphone with Google Wallet.
- Track business expenses, mileage and scan receipts with Expensify.
- Synch financial accounts and track cash flow with InDinero.
- Manage timesheets, project plans and spreadsheets with Office Time.
Document and Asset Management
- Store and share documents, images, videos and more with Dropbox.
- Integrate Microsoft Office® documents, spreadsheets and PDFs without losing original formatting with Office to Go.
- Organize, store, and share your text, images and voice notes with Evernote.
- Import, edit and store most any type of file with Google Drive.
- Store data and files, access information and manage permissions on the go with Box.
- Fill out forms, record audio, take photos, get signatures and create high-quality CAD sketches with FormMobi.
- Manage business and personal projects and events with Asana.
- Send and receive voice calls, video calls and instant messages while organizing your contacts in one convenient spot with SkypeTM.
- Set up, host and attend meetings with WebExTM.
- Publish your company’s news, events and special offers to multiple online and social sites with LocalVox.
- Share contact information, images and other files by bumping phones with another app user with the networking app Bump.
- Manage appointments (schedule, reschedule, cancel) and automatically communicate changes to customers via email or text with Appointment Plus.
- Track, evaluate and respond to customer service issues; communicate with customers through multiple channels (social, email, chat, phone, etc.); and keep customer contact information in one spot with Desk.
- Connect customers to customer service reps, other customers and manufacturer reps with the feedback app Get Satisfaction MobileTM.
- Track all of your trip arrangements (flights, rental car, hotel) and get weather, maps and directions at your travel destination with TripIt.
- Avoid getting stuck in traffic with Waze.
- Get maps, directions and more with Google Maps.
Prices, subscriptions and supported platforms vary from app to app so check your favorite app store for these gems and thousands of others. If you have a favorite app you use to manage your small business, we’d love to hear about it – please share yours in the comments section below.
If your business offers products and services for small business owners, think about how your solutions can be translated or enhanced and consider looking into mobile application development with Infovision. We specialize in mobile business solutions and mobile app development for AndroidTM, iPhone, iPad and Blackberry platforms along with a host of other enterprise technology solutions.