How to Integrate Salesforce and SAP with Best Practices
A salesforce and SAP Integration seems to be the way forward in achieving better brand value and profits for the organization. Salesforce is a cloud based customer relationship management software solution for sales, service, marketing, analytics and building customized applications. SAP on the other hand stands for Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing that assist enterprise software to manage both their business operations and customer relations. A salesforce SAP integration brings in the possibility of better customer service leading to enhanced business profits.
Businesses embracing both a salesforce to manage front end information about their customers and SAP on the backend have a unique advantage in managing and tracking customer relationships. Organizations that integrate the two gain added business function through enhanced productivity and insights that create new value. This in turn enhances customer interaction.
Benefits of Salesforce SAP Integration
The advantages of integrating Salesforce and SAP are plenty.
- Effective data management with business intelligence capabilities
- Improved invoice creation
- Real time error management
- Processing of orders in real time for optimal outcomes
- Accelerated cash flow
- Maximizing ROI (Return on Investment)
However despite their prevalence, getting the Salesforce SAP integration right is a challenge many organizations face. Both are complex solutions built to be proprietary, standalone offerings that are not designed to work with another software. SAP is built as a back end solution and many of its offerings were created much before the age of cloud computing in retail business. In contrast Salesforce is a cloud pioneer and created for front end use.
Mapping out an organization’s processes would be the best place to start with when Salesforce and SAP integration is being considered. Approaching integration through the lens of a process rather than simple data mapping or end to end connectivity will make the business more scalable and efficient. The rapid adoption of cloud technology is impacting how enterprise application support is developed and implemented to assist in the same.
Salesforce SAP Integration Challenges
Integration requires the right approach and the right enabling technologies. Technical issues could include adapters and interfaces, communications, semantic mediation, format conversion, security and the core approach to be taken. Some of the challenges commonly encountered are
- SAP is an on premise software whereas Salesforce is a cloud solution
- Synchronizing and contact data from SAP to Salesforce
- Salesforce users generate quotes using products and price book information that need to be linked with corresponding opportunities in SAP. Whereas product and pricing information in SAP need to be synchronized with Salesforce.
- The need to process opportunities in Salesforce till order and execution in SAP also need to be considered.
- Relevant data such as related order history and current financial status need to be accessible in real time for the Salesforce user.
There are several options to achieve optimal integration and the idea is to leverage the best approach for the organization’s integration requirements. The importance of managed IT infrastructure is enhanced during such important operations, a point that every organization must make note of.
Step-by-Step Process of SAP and Salesforce Integration
The main steps for integration of SAP and Salesforce are as follows
- Login to Salesforce Development Account
- Go to setup option and type API in the Quick Find box
- Download the required WSDL file
- Use the Salesforce WSDL to create the required SOAP project
- Create WSDL/XSD with the help of the following steps
- Create an upsert request using SOAPui
- Subsequently create XSD for that request using external tools
- By importing the external definition, that was created in the previous step, create another ESR object
- Message map by creating SOAP requests
- Next an API lookup code is needed for session ID and server URL
- Thereafter an ID configuration is needed
- In order to do that first create 2 ICOs by getting data from ECC then sending it to Salesforce
Read our latest Blogs...
Recommendation systems with purchase data and AI recommendation engines in retail are helping retailers to improve customer relationship and engagement.
Retailers are implementing several kinds of Product recommendation engines to boost sales. The key is to find the type most suited to your business.
The impact of digital transformation on agile retail is manifold, ensuring increased market share. The right Digital adoption strategy is the key to get there.
A Retail Ecosystem that brings together various consumer services on a single platform is a result of process automations led by digital transformation.
Cloud computing is gaining significant ground in the retail industry thanks to the impressive array of cloud services and benefits that it offers.
Have a Business Inquiry?
Get notified about the next update Subscribe to our newsletter & Stay updated.